Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Masked Man

In the mirror I see the masked man,
A complete stranger.
Staring at me gives me a wry smile,
"Searching something brother?"
Familiar voice this, I heard before,
And I realize something amiss.
I try to remove the mask
Wanting to find out who is this.

I unmask him with anticipation
Only to be greeted by another one.
Again he gives the same wry smile,
"There are many, not just one".
Challenge accepted, I begin the task
Of unmasking this stranger.
One after the other I let them out
Till I see the sign of danger.

This ugly skull made of bones and no skin,
Shock running down my spine.
Could this be him i didnt know of,
Or is this whole being mine?
Confused and puzzled I am left to wonder
Is this the truth that I now see.
Did I loose him out there somewhere?
Or could this be the real me?

No comments: