Sunday, February 25, 2007

We-Till-Go

Still remember the day as a kid of eleven
I first saw you greeting my ankle
Small and pure white, I wondered at you
Oblivious of the bearing you would have forever.

You started gaining control
Winning all the fights that we put
The worry passed on to me and I began to feel sick
And found ways to hide you under-cover.

Feeling of inferiority I felt
Those looks of people and sympathy of unknowns
I began to retrace into a shell
And the hatred for you grew stronger.

The so-called loved ones
Showed their back and walked away from me
The same me was an insult to them
And found newer ways to see me never.

Then I began to realize
What true love really meant and what society was about
The dreamer, the emotional fool in me died
And new I emerged much stronger.

Freedom I felt
From the opinions of the world and their ways
The realization that you are your own best friend
And nothing in this world lasts forever.

I embraced you
For because of you I realized my true self
You gave me much more than you took away
And I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

I shudder when I imagine
What I would have been without you
My guide and my friend, you my vitiligo
Till end comes, don’t leave, we stay together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, extremly PAINFUL n yet so very truthfull... kudos for having said it all....

Anonymous said...

Your words haunt me, my own demons out
Long locked in the dark corners of my mind
starved of light, now dance free and wild....

Your words just brought them back to life,
I recall my own pain
Those jibes, that laughter, the whispers...
the demons dance, naked n wild...

Dusted and polished, again, they roam free...
I force them back into the corner,safely locked,
until the day when we shall meet[again!]....

Mosh said...

Apologies 4 being late!!!
U were just Awesome @ writin "Questions", BTW, had a question did u choose the date 4 d poem or "it just happened"?? :)

Whatever, beautifully expressed!! I just love that one. U got the knack man!!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY...as usual...you really got the knack..man
Cheers...keep writing