Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dwarfed

I was born tall,
Well above the rest,
A free spirit of joy
Free from expectations,
of mine and others.
Till the world took over
And I began to dwarf.

Parents wanted me to stand,
firm on my feet
Sister wanted to see,
salutes for me to greet
Friends wanted me to rise,
win many a prize.
I wanted all of it
Didn’t want to miss a bit
And I began to dwarf

Every step I took,
Towards that dreamland
Of fame, power and money
A little bit of me
I sold for a penny.
Cut, sliced and decorated
I kept my being for sale.
And I began to dwarf.

Now, neither that dreamland
Nor do I see that infant
Dwarfed, I am struggling
To withstand the weight
of the world and of myself.
The infant cries out, pushes
Wants to be tall again
But alas! Not anymore
for I am dwarfed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KISSES!!!! AWSOME!!!!! Wat inspired u??? [B.t.w reply to SOME of the posts atleast!! :-) ]

Unknown said...

Really...... we r dwarfed... n weak.... This is so true... I wish i could meet u vikas....