Monday, April 23, 2007

Rains

The clouds grow thicker, darker
Engulfing the sun, hiding the last rays
From my face,
Darkness looms large.

Confusion prevails, fear grips,
And slowly the drops descend
One, two, three….the counting starts
Till I loose all count.

The lightening strikes, blinding me
The thunder roars, deafening me
The rains grow heavier,
The eyes, face and body bathe
And the soul begins to wet.

Soon, the roads get flooded,
I trudge along, forcing myself
The gushing water threatens to drown me
I struggle harder, knowing nowhere
I am going, directionless…..

And then……….
the rain begins to relent,
the clouds give way,
and the sun rays warm my face.

Rains have cleansed me,
Lightened my heart
And I savor the sun light
These moments few,
Till it rains again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWSOME..as always...how blue can it get... I loved it!!!