Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Getting Naked

Ages ago I lived
as a naked soul,
It scared you.
And you covered me
with a gold coloured veil

You said it is for my protection
from the scorching sun,
the chilling winds
and the maddening rains
And my innoncence trusted you

Days passed and years came
and then came centuries
And with each passing day
More veils I wore

And you laughed out loud
While my soul cried and missed
the sweet kiss of morning sun
that warmed his face,
the feel of the chilling winds
that seeped through his pores,
the dance of the mad rains
that bathed his heart.

You thought I would become you
And I almost did.
But then my soul is still alive
so this one last bid.

Though your veils are heavy
And I can no more feel
I am going to get naked
While you hold on to your veil.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its not so easy... to unveil urself dear... becoz.. the veil truely is very heavy....

Akanksha Rajput said...

Where is it that hurts the most? Yes, Getting Naked is what we need. The strength lies is acknowledging where and why one is vulnerable. But there are so many people who don masks and veils.... whose masks and veils become their own skin. And to Get Naked would be to die.