Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Last Lullaby

The eyes have dried
For the tears are no more
The heart has emptied
For the feelings are no more.

A life as lifeless
As a pebble of stone
A mechanical being
Of pure flesh and bone.

Life no more holds promise
Dreams have left my shore
Heaven or hell after life
Make no difference anymore.

But still my angels
Messengers of merciless thee
Please listen to this last prayer
From the athiest in me.

Have meant nothing to any
Except those hands of love
That have rocked my cradle
And so I beg to you above

When those hands I no more feel
When your only gift you deny
Don't forget to put me to sleep
Sing to me one last lullaby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Again.... kya kahu mein tujhe.... u know it very well what i want to say.... if at any point of time... u feel like expressing urself... in sum other way too... plz feel free... jassi is there ... always...

Unknown said...

Yet i wld say... extremely well written n expressed... one really feels "This has happened to me also"