Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chained Hearts

How does one explain what attracts
me to you and you to me.
Is this how the almighty distracts
us from what it has to be?

We claim love for each other
and trust in between.
That it will last like this forever
but that too is unforeseen.

You say I am your life, your world
without me you are incomplete.
But you are someone else’s bird
living in nest with love replete.

I claim to find in you my happiness
my peace of mind
But why then am I living in sadness
why life’s become a grind?

You say you can’t leave your nest
lived in it for years.
In what promise does future rest
just loneliness and tears.

What my future is, am not certain
can’t promise anything
When God puts down my curtain
you will be left with nothing.

What kind of love is this, I wonder
its more of a transaction
You want security, a need provider
and I want satisfaction.

But then this bond is still strong
howsoever confusing
Both willing to let it prolong
till it gets unnerving.

How long we live like this, never part
me and you.
From these chains wrapped around my heart
and yours too.

No comments: