Thursday, May 03, 2007

Where did I go wrong?

Love -
What a beautiful word
What a beautiful thought
What a beautiful dream
A word never to be honoured
A thought never to be truly felt
A dream never to be realized

How often, how many times
Have you and I utterred
Our undying love,
unconditional, unsullied, uncorrupted.
Yet, tied to the whims
conditional to what is comfortable -
to you.

I had somehow been living
Wretched or otherwise I never cared
Was happy even though fake
I had never dared
to bare my soul to myself
to let the feel of human touch
deep within my heart.

You came in, on your terms
You made me yours, on your terms
You said be mine, I abided
Now you say no more
You have to go, for
you cannot compromize
the beliefs and practices
With which you have been brought.
And I stare at you, in disbelief
Shattered, destroyed and crying.

Only question that encircles me
Only misery the engulfs me
Like you say,
if it wasnt my fault,
then why the hell am I suffering,
where did I go wrong?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MUUUAHHHH!!!!! Need I say more?
"A word never to be honoured
A thought never to be truly felt
A dream never to be realized"
AWSOME!!!