Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Bridge

And I crossed the bridge
Left that garden I had played in,
Had seen my childhood grow,
among the beauty of nature,
among those rosebeds,
among those flowing streams.

Now, on the other side
I see another vast land
of rivers, mountains, flowers
of chirping birds and of beasts
A land that is unexplored,
And I already hate it.
I despise it for I am scared,
Of the unknown.

I trudge along slowly, reluctantly
lost in the thoughts of my childhood
of the garden so green,
of that stream that I now miss.
And I long to go back.

Still living in that garden
I refuse to let go
And as the clock ticks by
I walk with my eyes closed.

Now with darkness increased,
I feel ever more frightened than before
Out of fear, out of sheer despair
I open my eyes again.
Ah! what a sight to behold...
I see the sun kissing those naked mountains,
Inviting me, calling out my name,
They say,"We are all your own".

And then I realize how foolish I was
How naive I could be
The garden I had left behind
Was the gate to higher beauty.
Now I know this truth,
Why God made it this way
The bridge of life my friend,
is just one way.

2 comments:

deeps said...

Lovely...i wish i could write like u....:)

Enigma said...

@deeps....

Thanks dear !!!! and dont keep me as a benchmark....aim at the REAL Poets ;)