Friday, October 12, 2007

The Devil

Always feeds on me,
A parasite eating into me
And I let him do so
Knowingly, and
at times unknowingly,
though I very well know;
Like a leech sucking me,
he never leaves.

He makes me do things
Mean, sinful and evil;
And times a little good,
a good that is more evil,
than evil himself can be,
For the devil grows bigger;
Stronger every second,
holds me captive,
he never leaves.

Detest him with all my heart,
I honestly do.
Yet he lives with me,
has captured by home.
Even though I want to throw him out
He wouldn't go;
For I pull him back,
back into me.
But then I pull nothing,
for he never leaves.

Everywhere the eyes run,
he stands tall, mocking;
Everything the hands try reaching,
he feels first, snatching;
Everywhere the legs climb,
he follows, shadowing.
I push him away, spit at him
he laughs aloud, doesn't budge;
he never leaves.

Inside deep within me,
he plays unabated, runs around
Outside of me he blinds
my every action, every sound;
My existence slaved, identity bleeds
While this devil, my ego;
he never leaves.

2 comments:

Ray of Light said...

"The Devil" stays because you allow him to. Men have always underestimated their selves. It's a true pity.

kiranjeet said...

out of the ordinary...