Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another day

White morning breaks the black night
I vigourously rub on the unrelenting eyes
Mind fights against the will of the heart
And as always, the mind wins.

The dusty, murky, noisy roads greet me
Screeching and repulsive sounds deafen me
Till I reach the den of the thousand animals,
whose blind ego walks on paths they dont see.

Time passes and this den comes to life
With the dead that walk around pretending,
Outdoing and outwitting each other in this game
Of quiet, skillful, aesthetic blood sucking.

The grey evening beckons me out of this den
But to the same old roads that never keep quiet
Then I reach my abode with an aching back
Sometimes to empty walls, sometimes to emptiness.

Hours pass as the grey evening walks back
To sleep into the pitch black night
The eyes slowly close as the body begins to wane
Another day thus wasted, standing in success lane.

No comments: